Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best saltwater flies for speckled trout and redfish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best saltwater flies for speckled trout and redfish?

What are the best saltwater flies for speckled trout and redfish?

Check out this webpage http://www.saltwaterflytying.blogspot.com/
    You get some common patterns and a video of each being tied. I its a good resource to get you some basics. A clouser(#2 or #1) in white/chartreuse and black/orange work well for me. If you look at the webpage near the bottom is a rattle fly. I tie a variation of it that is deadly on speckled trout. That fly is incredibly versatile by changing colors you can imitate near anything. The rattle gives me confidence in blind casting in the dark back waters and sounds.

Comment

well anything that looks like a shrimp.. clouser minnows work well in red and white .. mybe white with a little red to simulate the shrimp

Comment

Streamers, crabs and shrimp looking flys

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
          by franchi20
          I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of who...
          Today, 07:40 PM
        • Debate #2: new rules
          by FirstBubba
          New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
          The "Biden Campaign"!...
          10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
        • Reply to What's after Trump?
          by franchi20
          Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
          Today, 07:34 PM
        • What's after Trump?
          by FirstBubba
          No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
          There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
          Today, 01:46 PM
        • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
          by fitch270
          The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
          Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X