Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here fish PA's famous Spring creek in State college? Took my first trip down for the Sulfur hatch and the hatch was slo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here fish PA's famous Spring creek in State college? Took my first trip down for the Sulfur hatch and the hatch was slo

Anybody here fish PA's famous Spring creek in State college? Took my first trip down for the Sulfur hatch and the hatch was slow but olive scuds were doing the trick and caught 12 in 3 hours. Anyone else fishing there? What are you catching them on?

Live there, so it's my home water! I'm out of town for the summer though, so I can't help ya out with hatch updates.

Comment

I've never had much luck down there on dries but I always get into them on scuds. Any tips you could give on dries down there(TAM9492)

Comment

A friend was over this weekend and said the cold weather seems to have slowed down the sulfurs but thought they would pick up again later this week with the warmer temperatures.

If you get back to Spring you're also only 45 minutes from Penns Creek. The Green Drakes are coming on there. That combination of hatches has all the makings of an epic day or two of world class fishing. I'm hoping to get down later this week.

Comment

Agreed with the green drakes on Penns. Definitely a water worth visiting. Spring gets a lot of pressure, but guys do have success on dries. Really depends on what's happening. Local shops and sites could give you better up-to-date info. The reports I've got have been that hatches have been slow.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
            by crm3006
            What? Exposed your ignorance about Auto 5s, did I, little man? Gonna pout, and hold your breath 'til you turn blue?
            Today, 09:45 PM
          • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
            by derek7
            Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
            08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
          • Reply to 16 Years
            by 99explorer
            So tell us, blubber, is Kamala Harris a U.S. citizen or not?
            Yes or no.
            No speeches and no insults.
            Today, 09:36 PM
          • 16 Years
            by jhjimbo
            So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
            08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
          • Reply to 16 Years
            by FirstBubba
            Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            Back on topic, we see that misinformation about Harris's citizenship status is playing a major role in...
            Today, 09:29 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X