Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I live in western New York in the Wayne, Monroe, and Livingston county area. I would like to try fly fishing small creeks and st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in western New York in the Wayne, Monroe, and Livingston county area. I would like to try fly fishing small creeks and st

I live in western New York in the Wayne, Monroe, and Livingston county area. I would like to try fly fishing small creeks and streams connected to Lake Ontario. I was wondering if I could get some advice on what time of year is best to fish them, and some of the best flies to use in this area.

Salmon River dumps into Lake Ontario in Pulaski, New York. Late August and September fish for Steelhead and King Salmon anywhere up stream. No fowl hooking is allowed. Good Luck.

Comment

Try Naples Creek on the south end of Canandaigua Lake. I have not been there in years but it used to be good opening day of trout season for rainbows. (April 1 ??)
      Use artificial salmon eggs - no real ones allowed.

Comment

In any small creek learn to fish soft hackles. The advantages are huge in fishing them over other types of flies.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad