Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your fancy? flies from sporting goods stores or fly shops? Make your own? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been flyfishing for 30 years and there's no better feeling than to catch a fatty-boom-batty brown on a fly that you tied.

Comment

Alot of the flies you find in stores or shops have a catch factor. They catch fishermen.

Comment

I used to tie my own but i have not tied in a number of years. Im still fishing the flies i tied back then. Its a great way to spend the winter.

Comment

I buy mine at fly shops or make my own, they handle the beatings they take much better than from places like Cabela's

Comment

I have always tied my own. And then when I have a a fishing trip come up i go out and spend ten bucks and get me some extra flies. I like to use variations of patterns and change things up with color and flash. I will never forget that first big bass or that first trout I caught on a fly i tied.

Comment

I love to tie my own. By far my preference.

Comment

i want to learn how to tie flys but i don't know how. Since i don't how to tie flys, i like to get them from fly shops.

Comment

I like to see the flies in the sporting goods stores and the fly shops, then I go home and tie them myself if I can. If I can't then I try anyways until I figure it out.

Comment

huntingkid95, look around at places like walmart for a simple fly tying kit. They carry them every so often. That's how I got started. Now, 15 years later I have a good selection of materials and tools so I can tie just about any fly I normally use. Start simple and take your time.

Comment

I like to make my own for the fun and reward of it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hey Folks
                        by jhjimbo
                        Why does Bubba constantly corrupt a post by inserting an irrelevant post that changes the thread. He does that all the time.
                        We were talking about...
                        Today, 02:32 AM
                      • Hey Folks
                        by jhjimbo
                        Good Monday Morning

Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.
                        Yesterday, 11:12 AM
                      • Reply to Hey Folks
                        by jhjimbo
                        People don't buy a mower without an engine, just like at the flea market tools without a power cord or battery don't sell too well....
                        Today, 02:27 AM
                      • Reply to Hey Folks
                        by 99explorer
                        I have found that a riding mower takes less of a toll on crippled people, but you get more exercise with a pushing style reel mower.
                        Just an ob...
                        Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Folks
                        by franchi20
                        As other posted, the biter lives. It won't be forgotten that the dog's wrong doing was covered up as was the owner's....
                        Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X