Boat Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Names

Seen any good boat names? One of the best I've heard is in the Travis McGee novels by John D. MacDonald. Travis lives aboard "The Busted Flush" (as in poker, not plumbing).

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/outdo...this-year.html

Mine have been Lady Luck, Lady Luck II, Lady Luck III and currently Prime Time.

Comment

The only one I've named is the tandem canoe - "Sally". The solo hasn't got a name.

My Xterra is "Lexx" - our sedans are "Cinnamon" and "Snow". My compound bow is "Sue".

Comment

Haven't had the pleasure of naming a boat....yet! LOL!
        Named lots of guns though.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          Haven't had the pleasure of naming a boat....yet! LOL!
          Named lots of guns though.
          Care to share any of the gun names?

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
            The only one I've named is the tandem canoe - "Sally". The solo hasn't got a name.

My Xterra is "Lexx" - our sedans are "Cinnamon" and "Snow". My compound bow is "Sue".
            I got a Subaru Outback last August. I occasionally call her "Soobie," as in "Dammit, Soobie, I don't need a chime and on-screen reminder every time the wiper fluid's getting low!" Or a reminder in the middle of a winter storm that the "Roads may be icy!" Are there really people out there who are oblivious to these things until a computer reminds them?

I once named a canoe the "Kobiyashi Maru," after the training ship in the Star Trek movies.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Care to share any of the gun names?
              Parker Hale .270 Win is "Miss Beulie"
              T/C Hawken .50 is "Big Hickie"
              Ruger Ranch 6.8mm is "Sputter Bug"

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad