No announcement yet.

Flea Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer medium action for casting so I can get a little more whip in the cast. I use medium 9 footers on downriggers too so I can bend them over tight to take up the slack when a lure is pulled off the release. I will use heavy action rods for those trolling lines that go straight out the back of the boat or for deep fishing with live bait.

Comment

I like my heavy for all Lake walleye fishing. My most frequent method is drifting and casting with a count down. Count down to get out of the bright light that walleye don't like and to get near the thermocline. I don't use down rigger much - fish are not that deep early in summer. If I troll I have to drag a sea anchor to slow me down and usually would use some type of dipsey diver. Usually get my limit in 45min to a couple hours.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad