Flea Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market

Bought two UglyStick 6' spin rods with name brand reels for $30.

What brand were the reels?

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post
      What brand were the reels?
      I would have to look - I think one was shimano, not sure of the other. I remember they were both name brand.

Comment

$30 each or for the pair?

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
          $30 each or for the pair?
          fpr the pair. shimano and shakespear reels. R4000 and Alpha models. One Stick is a X..3 model the other has a 4000 number/

Comment

Congrats jimbo... you are ready to catch fish! Go get 'em!

Comment

Never know what your going to find. Great price for them. Now to see how good they work.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
                Never know what your going to find. Great price for them. Now to see how good they work.
                I don't really like them - they are medium action and I like heavy. My go to is still my 40yo UglyStick Alpha Boron. Bought two and they are the best I have ever had for Lake Walleye.

Comment

I'm guessing your trolling with the heavy rod. Medium should work. I got a 9ft medium ugly stik and had no problems with it. Caught some nice big ones on it.

Comment

I'm guessing your trolling with the heavy rod. Medium should work. I got a 9ft medium ugly stik and had no problems with it. Caught some nice big ones on it.
                    I don't do much trolling - have 1 downrigger and hardly use it. I have a large reel with wire line and use it very little. Just my preference is for a 'heavy' rod.

Comment

Just have two heavy rods mostly for musky fishing. Other than that all my rods are light action.

Comment

Just have two heavy rods mostly for musky fishing. Other than that all my rods are light action.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0753.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	579.0 KB
ID:	773210 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0759.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	773211
                        These are my two Boron rods, heavy action. Each has caught thousands of walleye, including hundreds of Fish Ohio walleye - over 10lbs. (I put them back). - I bought them both in 1980. If you ever see one in a garage sale - buy it. You will not be disappointed.
                        On a tile floor with 12" squares, where there are real tight seams, hold a pole lightly and slide the tip back and forth over the seam. You should feel the seam in the handle on a good rod.

Comment

Saw a guy and his boy out fishing the other day. The guy was making superb casts with a rod that was obviously new. I asked him, "Is that a boron you've got there?"

The guy looked at me, then looked at his son. Then he looked back at me and said, "Well, he ain't too bright, that's for sure."

(paraphrased from "Fish Poles and Other Useful Terminology," by Patrick F. McManus)

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0753.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	579.0 KB
ID:	773210 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0759.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	773211
                            These are my two Boron rods, heavy action. Each has caught thousands of walleye, including hundreds of Fish Ohio walleye - over 10lbs. (I put them back). - I bought them both in 1980. If you ever see one in a garage sale - buy it. You will not be disappointed.
                            On a tile floor with 12" squares, where there are real tight seams, hold a pole lightly and slide the tip back and forth over the seam. You should feel the seam in the handle on a good rod.
                            How old are those surprised the gas is still in them. How’s the flex on those.

Comment

How old are those surprised the gas is still in them. How’s the flex on those.
                              these are both heavy action

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad