X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to

How to get a fishing pole apart ?

Comment

Soak it water. Then twist and pull. If really stuck get some soap in between twist and pull.

Comment

I got it. I got some rubber grip pads and did the 'behind the knees' method. Put a little lube on it when I put it together. Got a Zebco 733 Hawg reel on Abu rod but not happy with the Hawg. It does not have a drag - relies on reverse handle rotation for strong fish pull.

Comment

Remember "Taps Tips"?

Many moons back I learned to take a No.2 pencil and rub the male end real well with the lead (graphite). A dry lube that never fails.
          I keep a pencil in my tackle box to relube sticky rod ferrules.

Comment

Never had that problem, but have had the opposite problem a time or two. Make a cast and the second piece goes flying out. It's pretty funny when it happens to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
              Never had that problem, but have had the opposite problem a time or two. Make a cast and the second piece goes flying out. It's pretty funny when it happens to someone else.
              Teflon plumbing tape will help correct a loose ferrule. It doesn't take much!

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                I got it. I got some rubber grip pads and did the 'behind the knees' method. Put a little lube on it when I put it together. Got a Zebco 733 Hawg reel on Abu rod but not happy with the Hawg. It does not have a drag - relies on reverse handle rotation for strong fish pull.
                That’s why it probably stuck together I never stick lube on it when I put it together.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                  I’ve had that happen a couple times. Best was when it went 10 feet into the river. I was hoping to get it back in one piece.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hey Folks
                    by PigHunter
                    I've got 4455 primers total. Of those, 1274 are large rifle, 683 are small rifle. Besides that, I've got cases already primed and ready to load: 200 for...
                    Today, 12:07 AM
                  • Hey Folks
                    by jhjimbo
                    Good Monday Morning

Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.
                    06-21-2021, 11:12 AM
                  • Reply to 2020 Election - what is broken ?
                    by 99explorer
                    Were Poll Watchers ‘Thrown Out’ of Vote Counting Rooms?

In the wake of the 2020 presidential election, the Trump campaign spread this rumor...
                    Today, 12:02 AM
                  • 2020 Election - what is broken ?
                    by jhjimbo
                    As far as I know, the rigged part of the ballots was the Presidential ticket, down ballot I don't believe were tampered with....
                    Yesterday, 10:17 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Folks
                    by PigHunter
                    I've been using factory loaded Hornady 143gr ELD-X and it's been good for deer and pigs. Accuracy at the range is under 1 MOA. But am down to 38 rounds....
                    Yesterday, 11:59 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X