Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice safety

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ice safety

    Just want to throw out this small reminder for people ice fishing. I'v in the canals of lake St Clair was 5" +/- with this next week or 2 in the 40's.

    3 days ago while on the phon behind my house, hit a bad spot and ended up going under the ice!!!

    And I've been traversing the ice for 26 years,

    Just remember to be carful out there during the best ice fishing time of the year

    Last ice

  • #2
    Originally posted by The dick View Post
    Just want to throw out this small reminder for people ice fishing. I'v in the canals of lake St Clair was 5" +/- with this next week or 2 in the 40's.

    3 days ago while on the phon behind my house, hit a bad spot and ended up going under the ice!!!

    And I've been traversing the ice for 26 years,

    Just remember to be carful out there during the best ice fishing time of the year

    Last ice
    St Claire is bound to have quite a bit of current running through it which can also make for unexpected thin spots. On Lake Superior the current runs close to shore.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

      St Claire is bound to have quite a bit of current running through it which can also make for unexpected thin spots. On Lake Superior the current runs close to shore.
      Yup, we got spots this year that haven't even frozen yet this year. Some spots the ice is sketchy. And other spots, I know of will be the last area with fishable ice. I'm going to keep chasing it, I can't not

      Comment


      • #4
        Lots of currents in the Western Basin of Lake Erie around the Islands. I have never gone out without a guide. Conditions change by the day.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The dick View Post

          Yup, we got spots this year that haven't even frozen yet this year. Some spots the ice is sketchy. And other spots, I know of will be the last area with fishable ice. I'm going to keep chasing it, I can't not
          I'm done ice fishing this year ,people and there machines are hitting rotten ice all over around here!
          Last edited by Danbo; 02-29-2020, 09:21 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I never go out by myself. Should always have the right safety equipment. Even a life jacket.

            Comment

            Welcome!

            Collapse

            Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

            If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

            And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

            Right Rail 1

            Collapse

            Top Active Users

            Collapse

            There are no top active users.

            Right Rail 2

            Collapse

            Latest Topics

            Collapse

            • Reply to Stevens 301 vs ATI NOMAD
              by fitch270
              Different gun, yours was the O/U, this one is a single shot. Different outsourcing....
              Today, 08:08 PM
            • Stevens 301 vs ATI NOMAD
              by Ghosty
              i want your advice on which shotgun i should buy which brand is better i was told stevens is made in china and ATI is made in the us in south carolina...
              Today, 08:30 AM
            • Reply to Prepping: No, not TP
              by fitch270
              Dewman: Sorry if this hit a little close to home, didn't mean to open any wounds.

              OHH: Our appointment is with a very good lawyer for this...
              Today, 08:06 PM
            • Prepping: No, not TP
              by fitch270
              Sorry in advance for this, but I'm blaming the morbid sob's on here for the inspiration.

              My wife and I scheduled an estate planning appointment...
              Today, 07:14 PM
            • Reply to Prepping: No, not TP
              by Ontario Honker Hunter
              One of my many former vocations was a law clerk, so yes I have taken care of my and my daughter's wills and power of attorney. You need to call a lawyer...
              Today, 07:49 PM

            Right Rail 3

            Collapse

            Footer Ad

            Collapse
            Working...
            X