Joe Bidens no bull -hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Bidens no bull -hit

• Lol I thought I’d break up the politics and bashing a guy when he’s down and out sick. So finally got out ice fishing with my daughter for a few hours and I got skunked . She got a bluegill and had a few other bites. The good news she had fun and wants to go again Now with everybody having pop up shanty’s,I miss seeing homemade ice fishing shacks. In your area do they use the pop ups or shacks?

The ice on oneida was 7 inches thick.I will be going this weekend unless I get called in to work

Comment

Mostly in my area Danbo, it is pop-ups or what we call clams ! I still see a few ice shanties but they are mostly used by the older generation or people who live on the lake being fished, they do have their limitations. Ice in my area is still very iffy and there is plenty of open water, that being in southern Michigan.

Comment

She got a bluegill and had a few other bites. The good news she had fun and wants to go again Now with everybody having pop up shanty’s,I miss seeing homemade ice fishing shacks. In your area do they use the pop ups or shacks? Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1
        Last edited by DENIMKATY; 02-23-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I have been a few times with a guide on Lake Erie and he had regular shanties set up. I don't really care for that style fishing as we could see the fish but trying to get them to bite was another thing. BTW, In Western Erie basin the ice conditions vary considerable and I would not go out without a guide. There is a confluence of currents and the ice changes from day to day. Every year people get stranded on a chunk that floats away - shanties and vehicles and all. The rescuers now charge for them and their equipment to be saved.

Comment

Pop ups are going to be the new shelters since there easy. I just don’t care for how heavy some are. Glad to hear you got out to enjoy yourself was some nice days we had hear wish I could have gotten out.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
              Pop ups are going to be the new shelters since there easy. I just don’t care for how heavy some are. Glad to hear you got out to enjoy yourself was some nice days we had hear wish I could have gotten out.
              No more ice fishing this year! It's 55 degrees out in February in Cny!

Comment

Hey I’ll take the warm weather lol. Hopefully this won’t melt the ice still getting cold at nights.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad