Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know of any scissors/knife/line cutter/multitool that can safely be worn around neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know of any scissors/knife/line cutter/multitool that can safely be worn around neck?

Looking for something I could safely wear around neck while fishing that has easily accessible scissors. Nothing bulky/heavy. I've got a pair of line snips that I can wear, but the fishing I do requires using scissors quite often and the line snips are not long enough unfortunately.

Are you by chance using scissors in lieu of forceps? I was thinking there are a bunch of fishing tools that would serve your needs on any number of fresh/salt water flyfishing sites so am a little confused by your question.

Comment

Well I do have pair of forceps/needle nose that I keep on the boat but I rarely need to use them. I just do a lot of cutting fishing line/rope while fishing. The scissors don't need to be huge just probably an inch or more of cutting surface. Would also be convenient because with my job I open a lot of small packages that scissors are much better suited for than a knife and a regular pair of scissors are a pain to carry around in pocket or by hand.

Comment

They make folding scissors, mostly for sewing kits I believe, and there are folding box cutters as well. Examples: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1617.PNG
Views:	134
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	719421Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1616.PNG
Views:	107
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	719422
        Last edited by dewman; 12-10-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Have you considered EMT / Trauma shears? They have blunt tips and would be less likely to poke you if you had them in a shirt pocket or was wearing them around your neck

https://www.amazon.com/Madison-Suppl...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Comment

you had them in a shirt po my ip birthday wishes tneb cket or was wearing them around your neck
            Last edited by ADYLATYSA; 12-28-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Get a leather holster for any pair you decide you need. Wear that on your belt fastened to a spring loaded retractable line. Don't put anything around your neck unless you are Rambo.

Comment

You could buy a small pair then buy a knife case to fit it. Then put a rope around it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad