• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freak! Two-headed trout

This is weird.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-mou...-headed-trout/
    Have you ever caught anything freakish?

Never caught something like this but when I talk to the guys at the fish commission who raise the fish say there deformation and weird stuff that they gotta look for. So only the healthy get stocked but they do have weird fish they gotta weed threw.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
      This is weird.
      https://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-mou...-headed-trout/
      Have you ever caught anything freakish?
      You mean fishing right?

Ontario last year I reeled in a walleye with no tail. It was bleeding, we realized a pike must have nailed it on the way to the boat. Had pictures but lost my phone on the trip home 😱.

Comment

Something is interfering with the DNA - toxins, or radio active substance can cause defects. In Erie there are some dual sex fish as a result of all the birth control pills that go into the lake with the pee. Water treatment plants do not take out a lot of drugs or hormones.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          Something is interfering with the DNA - toxins, or radio active substance can cause defects. In Erie there are some dual sex fish as a result of all the birth control pills that go into the lake with the pee. Water treatment plants do not take out a lot of drugs or hormones.
          Birth control and hormones aren’t giving them two heads. From what I hear. Is one of the main thing that’s happening around my waters is they say it’s changing the sex of smallmouth bass. Boy the stuff I’ve been hearing about stuff like that polluting the waters.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post

Birth control and hormones aren’t giving them two heads. From what I hear. Is one of the main thing that’s happening around my waters is they say it’s changing the sex of smallmouth bass. Boy the stuff I’ve been hearing about stuff like that polluting the waters.
            A DNA fight has been going on for Centuries where Estrogen is fighting Testosterone. Estrogen is a much stronger Hormone and is winning the war. Sorry Guys.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
              by FirstBubba
              My eldest started life as a jailer.
              Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
              "I'm tired of getting beat...
              Today, 06:00 PM
            • Wanna be a NYC cop?
              by FirstBubba
              How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
              Today, 04:02 PM
            • Reply to Racism ??
              by jhjimbo
              99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
              Today, 05:57 PM
            • Racism ??
              by jhjimbo
              Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
              09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
            • Reply to Racism ??
              by jhjimbo
              Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
              Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X