Makeshift anchor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeshift anchor

While drifting the Grand River in west central Michigan the anchor I was using seperated and I lost the heavy part of the anchor. The river is fairly fast moving and you need an anchor to hold your boat to keep you in the places you want to fish for Smallmouths. Our solution was we took a dry bag and filled with 5" dia rocks and tied it on the anchor rope. Our fishing trip was saved, two of us caught 35 fish with beetle spin lures, disaster turned into sucess. Just had to use our heads for a solution.

Great idea! Thanks for relating the story.

Comment

Funny, there was just a story of a Navy ship losing it's anchor and chain (250,000lbs) The brake operators kept opening the brake as the chain was just going out in spurts. The order was for like 4 shots - 360'. All of a sudden the chain started moving at super speed and the brake men had the brake so far opened they could not close it fast enough. You can probably google it and see the video.

Comment

Six Ways to Use a Dry Sack
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha1vm9JuMcE

Comment

Hey anything you gotta do to save your fishing trip. Sounds like success to me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Are You Ready For This ?
            by PigHunter
            Maybe they are trying to create the ultimate soldier...
            Today, 09:01 AM
          • Are You Ready For This ?
            by jhjimbo
            An American Scientist financed by Spain has gone to China to create an ape-human by combining a human embryo with a primate. I don't know why he had...
            Yesterday, 09:32 PM
          • Reply to Increasing Security
            by PigHunter
            Jimbo, here's the 12 leading causes of death in the USA. Carrying that gun may make you feel better but you'll more likely increase your chances for living...
            Today, 08:52 AM
          • Increasing Security
            by jhjimbo
            I have been carrying more lately, much more aware of the surroundings, especially in large, crowded places. I do go to a few Flea Markets that usually...
            08-14-2019, 05:41 AM
          • Reply to Increasing Security
            by jhjimbo
            Why was he cremated before an autopsy ?? Very disturbing....
            Today, 08:49 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X