Souvenirs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Souvenirs

This hospital has a display board of lures they've taken out of fishermen.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/adiro...s-no-joke.html

"He said he’s taken lures off several patients’ penises and scrotums, adding those incidents occurred when the individuals were fishing with small bathing suits, or skimpy, loose-hanging shorts with nothing on underneath. “Usually alcohol has something to do with it,” he added."

OUCH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      "He said he’s taken lures off several patients’ penises and scrotums, adding those incidents occurred when the individuals were fishing with small bathing suits, or skimpy, loose-hanging shorts with nothing on underneath. “Usually alcohol has something to do with it,” he added."

OUCH!!!
      Yeah, that part kind of stood out for me, too.

Comment

I’ve heard people going blind from fishing. Thought it was crazy until I met someone who did it. As always my story goes. As I was younger I got snagged in the ear walking behind someone. Thank goodness the hook came out fine. I always shut my eyes and look away on bad snags needed to be pulled out.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
          I’ve heard people going blind from fishing. Thought it was crazy until I met someone who did it. As always my story goes. As I was younger I got snagged in the ear walking behind someone. Thank goodness the hook came out fine. I always shut my eyes and look away on bad snags needed to be pulled out.
          UV protection for day fishing should be worn anyway. Just make them safety glasses

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
            Last season, I had just brought a pretty big pickerel, a good 21-22 incher, in to shore. As I bent over to reach down for it, with my rod bent double, the spinner came loose and nailed me smack in the forehead. Lucky it wasn't my eye. Also lucky the trebles didn't hook the skin, but my God did that hurt.

Comment

Last two trips to Ontario I ended up with a treble hook buried in a thumb. First was when a “hammer handle”pike slid in my hand, the second a larger pike threw a top water crank right at the boat before we got the net on it. I was able to push the first back through the skin and clip the barb. The second one had the point against bone so I had to just yank the sucker back out. My FIL also buried a big treble in the back of his hand the same day as my first stick. His son pushed that one through and clipped it off. Hazard of being in the bush.

Glasses of some sort are a must, as are a good pair of side cutters.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Last season, I had just brought a pretty big pickerel, a good 21-22 incher, in to shore. As I bent over to reach down for it, with my rod bent double, the spinner came loose and nailed me smack in the forehead. Lucky it wasn't my eye. Also lucky the trebles didn't hook the skin, but my God did that hurt.
                I’ve always been worried when I go to net a fish. Especially a big fish in a small net. I try to get them or tip my rod to the side so all the bend in the rod won’t snap the hook back at me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Only you can prevent forest fires!
                  by MattM37
                  Guess who will turn 75 on August 9th? Smokey the Bear!

What should we get him?...
                  Yesterday, 12:22 PM
                • Reply to Only you can prevent forest fires!
                  by 99explorer
                  How about a nice big flood?
                  Today, 12:20 AM
                • Reply to Tipping Chart
                  by Happy Myles
                  99 in Southern California that is no joke, especially in swanky restaurants were they feel they might be discovered. You can spot them as soon as you...
                  Yesterday, 10:53 PM
                • Hijacked tankers
                  by jhjimbo
                  Iran has 3 oil tankers (not ours) should we do anything ? What ? Be realistic, attacking the tankers would probably result in them being burned.
                  Yesterday, 05:50 PM
                • Reply to Hijacked tankers
                  by 99explorer
                  The Iraniacs seem to feel that we owe them one since 1988, when a U.S. Navy missile cruiser accidentally shot down an Iranian airliner flying in Iranian...
                  Yesterday, 10:33 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X