TV fishing shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV fishing shows

What are / were some fishing shows you like? I loved Jerry McInnis's "Fishin' Hole" when I was a teenager. Bill Dance was kind of goofy but always fun to watch.

Sometimes now I catch FS "Hook Shots," and there's a new one on Discover Networks right now, "Fish or Die." Geared a bit toward the hipsters but not bad.

I don’t watch much fishing stuff but Major League Fishing isn’t bad on a nasty winter day. I like the format to that series and the back and forth between leaders is entertaining when it’s a close one.

Comment

I just remembered too that Steve Rinella's "Meateater" series has a couple of fishing episodes. Regular fishing and bowfishing.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        I don’t watch much fishing stuff but Major League Fishing isn’t bad on a nasty winter day. I like the format to that series and the back and forth between leaders is entertaining when it’s a close one.
        I kind of like the Major League Fishing too. Very real unscripted emotions.

Comment

I watch Jeremy Wade catch some of the man eaters of the Amazon. I used to watch the walleye guy from Minn, now I just go out in Erie and have my own show. P.S I put back any over 6lbs if they are not injured.

Comment

I’m still into Jeremy wade. Also gotta love musky hunter. They came out with new episodes but they took it off my channel. Monster fish was good. Other than that if I see something interesting and it’s a fishing show I’ll watch it to give it a chance.

Comment

I do watch Jeremy Wade but never even thought of him when I posted this. I like his investigative theme as much as the actual fishing.

Come to think of it, there was another show recently, not about fish but about animals, that had that mystery-investigation angle. Can't remember the name, but it was on Animal Planet or one of those Discover networks. Thought it was going to be good, but then I gave up on it when the guy (a.) started talking about lynx and bobcats like they were a big threat to his safety, and then (b.) sat there watching for wolves, right out in the open in a brightly colored jacket, and then concluded that there were none around because he didn't see any.

Hey, does anyone remember "The Walker Cay Chronicles?" That was a good one.
              Last edited by MattM37; 06-19-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I grew up watching Bill Dance, Roland Martin, and Jimmy Houston. The glory days of TNN on Saturday mornings. Did anyone ever watch The Fish Fishburne Show? I watch all my fishing shows on YouTube now. I am completely addicted to Hook Shots it has become my favorite.

Comment

Never really watched bill dance shows but gotta love watching his bloopers.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad