Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What color of bait works best for catching late-fall Largemouths?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color of bait works best for catching late-fall Largemouths?

Want to learn more.

I’m no bass expert by any means, but it seems to matter just as much on where you are, what type of lure you’re using, and the weather as anything. I don’t fish a whole lot during hunting season, but chartreuse spinners are my fall back anytime of year and have had decent luck.

Comment

My go to bait is a black or blue curly tail worm.

Comment

Colors is a hard 1cause to me if you do colors than what type of day is it, can also effect colors. Size of lures and movement should get them better interested in it than the colors this time of year IMO. So I would do as natural colors as possible but slow my retrieval down. Don’t forget the water changed so do the hiding spots of bass. So finding them is going to be your challenge to get them.

Comment

I think bass are like people when it comes to color preference.
          There is no one particular color that all of the bass like on any given day.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad