No announcement yet.

What's your best fish-sandwich recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your best fish-sandwich recipe?

The F&S editors want to know! What’s in it for you? A top-of-the-line Camp Chef stove, for starters, plus the satisfaction of knowing your sandwich recipe reigns supreme.

Include the recipe, along with a photo, in this thread.

The editors will select the three most promising recipes from the entries, then cook the finalists to determine which is the absolute tastiest. The contest will run between today and Feb. 8. Look for a post about the contest for more details.

Take, for example, the Lake Erie Monster, which I consider the pinnacle of fish sandwiches. I'm hoping someone can top it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Perch through the ice filets. Dunk in almond flour, dunk in egg, then crushed saltine crackers. Fry til done. Slap em on your favorite bread, with or without tartar sauce. Enjoy!

Comment

Lake Erie Monster is my favorite.

Comment

I like fried catfish on Texas toast with pepper jack and mayo. Maybe I'm weird.

Comment

Where is the F&S Food Czar Rudyglove when you need him?? I would bet on Glove to beat your fish sandwich. LMAO

Comment

One i didn't have to cook!

Comment

Originally posted by JAREDSULLIVAN_2 View Post
                Take, for example, the Lake Erie Monster, which I consider the pinnacle of fish sandwiches. I'm hoping someone can top it.
                JS, It looks delicious and tasty. Can you mail me one in tinfoil ? I can heat it up in seconds with our microwave.

Comment

Lake Erie Perch is my favorite.

Comment

Lake Erie Perch
                    Attached Files

Comment

Southern Sheepshead Fish Taco
                      Cut fillets into strips about the thickness of your finger and fry them. Beer batter can be great in this recipe, but can make the taco bulky. Use regular fish fry mix.

Make Green Apple slaw: 4 cups finely shredded cabbage. One Granny Smith apple chopped fine. 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. 2 Tablespoons sugar. 1/4 Cup Veg. Oil. 1 Tbls Lime juice. 1teaspoon salt. Mix liquid ingredients before adding to veggies.

Put fried fish fillet in soft taco with a small amount of mayo or tartar sauce, top with Apple Cole Slaw. You may wish to add a TINY sprinkle of cayenne or crushed red pepper, but not so much that it overwhelms the other flavors. Some people put ketchup on it, but some people put ketchup on everything.

You can actually use any white meated fish in this recipe. I didn't like it with king mackerel.

Comment

First get yourself a few rainbow trout from the river. Then proceed to fillet them on the tailgate of a pickup truck and throw into a bucket of water. Mix up a beer batter and drink a beer. If before 0900 drink liquor in coffee. Throw said fillets in beer batter and swirl around to coat. Drop fillets in a pot of hot oil placed on the river bank behind pickup truck. Open a loaf of fresh bread from the deli in town. When fillets are golden brown throw them in the cardboard box the onions came in lined with paper towels. Batter onions that have been sliced into rings and throw in oil. Place a fried fillet on a slice of bread and splash liberally with hot sauce. Consume and enjoy. This is a rough description of trout opener for us every year for as long as I can remember. You can't beat fish fresh from the river and good friends and a few drinks. Plus when you're done eating you just walk down and keep fishing!

Comment

Catfish Po’Boy
                          4 Hoagie buns
                          4 catfish fillets
                          ½ cup all purpose flour
                          ½ cup yellow corn meal
                          Salt and pepper to taste
                          Cajun Seasoning- Tony Chachere’s, “Slap Ya Mamma”, Cajun Shake, etc.
                          Peanut oil for deep frying
                          Pre-heat deep fryer to 375°
                          Sprinkle both sides of catfish fillets with Cajun seasoning of choice, set aside.
                          In a container large enough to hold fillets, mix together flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper.
                          Dredge fillets in mixture and drop into hot oil for approximately five minutes.
                          Remove and drain fillets on paper towels.
                          Grill hoagie buns in iron skillet, brown to taste.
                          Spread tartar sauce* on both sides of bun, place fried fillet on one side, garnish with lettuce and tomato.
                          Enjoy!

*Homemade tartar sauce: 1 cup real mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion, 3 tablespoons dill relish, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. Mix together well, chill until ready to serve.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Blackened Mahi Mahi Reuben
                            Serves 2
                            Ingredients:
                            4 Slices Marble Rye Bread
                            2 Pieces Mahi Mahi
                            2 Tablespoons Blackening Seasoning
                            4 Slices Swiss Cheese
                            1 Cup Sauerkraut
                            4 Slices Tomato
                            Thousand Island Dressing, to taste

Instructions:
                            1. Season each mani filet with 1 tbsp blackening seasoning.
                            2. Sear in a hot pan, 4 minutes on each side or until fish is opaque.
                            For one Sandwich:
                            3. Toast bread and place one piece of fish on top.
                            4. Top with 2 slices swiss cheese, 2 slices tomato, 1/2 cup sauerkraut, and thousand island dressing, top with second slice of bread.
                            5. Enjoy!

Comment

Salmon burgers are aweome ... I use fresh salmon mixed with salt ,pepper, panko and sesame oil.... or mix it up and add sun-dried tomatoes and feta, use a burger form for nice shaped burgers, also knife chopping you salmon is better then grinding. Use fresh fish for best results, pan fry in butter, add to a soft bun with Mayo and your favorite toppings

Ps do not over cook
                              Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad