Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is everyone's thoughts on keeping your catch in an aquarium until ready to eat. I love eating fish but do not always have time to fish or eat my possession limit in one day. So I want to keep it fresh until I'm ready for it. I have always had aq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have mentioned, you need to check your state regs.

Comment

Seems to me that it'd be more trouble than it's worth, especially when you catch as many giant fish as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
        Seems to me that it'd be more trouble than it's worth, especially when you catch as many giant fish as I do.
        Now that's a comment!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          There was an older man back home who fished exclusively for yellow (mud) catfish. Nasty tasting!
          He kept his catch in a big metal stock watering tank with an aerator for a week or so before slaughtering them, changing the water ever 2 or 3 days.
          He said after that, there was no "muddy" taste.
          May be worth it.
          I'm sure it would help but I'd rather just release the mud cat and catch a channel cat. I like catching the mud cats because of their size but I don't eat them. I eat big snapping turtles right out of the pond and they are great!

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
            I'd never tell a lie, but I have been known to stretch the truth a tiny bit.

Comment

I believe so. You know, it's some kind of human beliefs which are pretty imaginable. Actually, it's a pretty funny thing because it reminds me of the live rocks that I bought. You know, once my cat has wanted to catch a fish in the aquarium. He actually caught a fish but the blood of the fish has stayed in the aquarium. Since I didn't have time to clean my aquarium, I decided to go to work. However, later, when I've arrived, I noticed that the aquarium has been cleaned.. I didn't know how, but the thing is, that live rocks can do such things.. I was surprised actually.. Actually, if someone doesn't believe me, you can click here to take some more knowledge for this..
              Last edited by DrMcLeanAnn; 08-05-2020, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad