Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is a better fishing pole daiwa or shimano

Which is a better fishing pole daiwa or shimano

I CERTAINLY FEEL SHIMANO MAKES A MUCH BETTER QUALITY PRODUCT FOR YOUR MONEY. IF YOU GO TO THE CABINET I HAVE MY RODS IN AND PICK UP ANY OF MY TROUT OR BASS RODS I DON'T THINK YOU CAN FIND ONE THAT DOESN'T HAVE A SHIMANO REEL ON IT.

Comment

shimano all the way

Comment

daiwa used to be the dominant product when i was a kid but they have been weak for a long time. i love the new line of reels from shimano but don't know enough about their rods. i wish daiwa would come up with something to really reach out and grab us all but it's been so long since they've done anything, i can't believe the big guys in this company have stuck around for long. shaekespear makes great rods and used to make great reels, but their reels have been bad for a while. all star still makes great rods.

Comment

i have a diawa saltwater rod and i like it but the reel on it got messed up cause i got hit by a wave when i went out to cast. i'm not sure about shimano

Comment

Both are good. I have a lot of both. For some reason I like Daiwa the best. My new reel by them is pretty killer, but so are my Shimanos.

Comment

personally i like shimano, but i have a diawa that is good too

Comment

Most rods are built on the same rod blank, you're paying for name and rod components. Yes, some rod builders make their own rod blanks but not many. I have used Shimano, Daiwa, Castaway, American Rod Smtihs and All Star rods while tournament fishing and have come to rely on Castaway and All Star. Both are moderate in price are well built and have great, mostly free warranty work. I only pay for shipping to have my rods guides replaced when needed.

Comment

shimano

Comment

Depends on what you after. I think Diawa makes very good high end bass rods and Shimano covers the whole spectrum better. Personally I prefer Shimano their Crucial and Cumara series are very good. One nice thing about Shimano is that they have a very good lifetime warranty on their rods.

Comment

i dont need no sheeemano reels

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Abortion Up To States
                        by 99explorer
                        When an appeals court reviews a case, it looks at past rulings on the subject for a precedent, as the question of law may already have been decided....
                        Today, 11:11 AM
                      • Abortion Up To States
                        by jhjimbo
                        Court reversed abortion, back to the States where it should have been in the first place. Let them vote on it.
                        Yesterday, 12:22 PM
                      • Reply to TGIF; Party Time
                        by PigHunter
                        Right Said Fred - "I'm Too Sexy"

And I'm too sexy for your party
                        Too sexy for your party
                        No way I'm disco dancing...
                        Today, 10:21 AM
                      • TGIF; Party Time
                        by fitch270
                        Almost, Friday evening actually but looking for a play list, lol.

Getting it rolling with The Cars.

06-22-2022, 10:06 AM
                      • Reply to You guys are sleeping
                        by 99explorer
                        I think what you are saying is that our elected officials would disarm the public to prevent an armed insurrection.
                        Not for reasons of public safety,...
                        Today, 10:16 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X