• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what bait do you recomened for bass fishing in north america

what bait do you recomened for bass fishing in north america

I like most spinner baits.

Comment

Yamamoto Senko 7" on a Gamakatsu EWG Worm Hook size 5, on a texas rig set up. Just one nasty combo, I use the black blue flake and always do well, never been skunked yet!

Comment

plastics are always a good go to bait when it gets tough. crank baits are good as well. spawn is a good time to use crawfish or salamanders.

Comment

rrmont has got it. You can do so much with spinner baits. Fish in clear or muddy water. Sunny days or overcast. Cold or hot. Anytime of day. Light or heavy cover. Thers so much you can do with them.

Comment

Depends on the situation. Its hard to beat spinnerbaits and soft plastics, but if the timing is right I love catching bass on topwater at sunrise.

Comment

Live bait? Crawfish.

But I caught my two largest bass (24 & 26 inchers) using a flyrod and a terrestrial fly. Both bass were ignoring anything I threw at them, but when the hand-sized bluegill I hooked blasted by them they each took the bluegill. Both bluegill got away but left the hook in the bass.

Comment

I like crankbaits. I have had the best luck with any type.

Comment

koeka nailed it. Senko on Gamakatsu EWG texas rigged

Comment

i am a PA bass fisherman so i would have different preferences than southern bass fisherman, but i love fishing a chatterbait, it is a slight variation of a jig, but works 10x's better, and i also like to fish a lipless crankbait (AKA vibrax) and a soft plastic worm will never let you down.

Comment

Spinnerbaits!!!

Comment

Spinnerbaits and Soft Plastics!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                          by 99explorer
                          CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                          Anybody
                          Today, 01:09 AM
                        • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                          by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                          Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                        • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                          by 99explorer
                          Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                          Today, 12:57 AM
                        • The George Floyd case.
                          by FirstBubba
                          Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                          Minnesota...
                          Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                        • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                          by crm3006
                          My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                          Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X