Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best type of rubber bait - Yum!, Gulp!, Powerbait, or Gary Yamamoto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best type of rubber bait - Yum!, Gulp!, Powerbait, or Gary Yamamoto?

What is the best type of rubber bait - Yum!, Gulp!, Powerbait, or Gary Yamamoto?

Have had the best results with powerbait and gulp

Comment

POWER BAIT IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST. MY RATING ON THESE WOULD BE:

1) POWER BAIT
      2)GARY YAMAMOTO
      3) YUM
      4) GULP

Comment

Gulp catches all species had a lot of succes with the minnow zoom is great for smallmouth the fluke and lizard

Comment

I use GULP the most.In these parts most other brands are hard to find.

Comment

I use gulp with a lot of success here in WI I like the gulp alive for bass and other fish like that and use the gulp twister tails for walleye. another brand I like to use for walleye is Mister Twister exude, it's the same concept as gulp but is a longer tail and narrower body.

Comment

Gulp is at the top of my list. However, don't buy them too far ahead of time- they don't last, even in the bag. The tails start to deform and not swim as well after they have been in the bag for a while.

Comment

i've had success with all but the yamamoto baits. especially for the price they go for.it really depends on what you are fishing for and the time of year or how you fish them. you are going to sell yourself short if you don't try them all and experiment with different sizes and conditions. fish get conditioned to different baits and you may find the one noone else is using.

Comment

I'd have to say Strike King, Zoom and power bait as top rubber baits. Gulp would have to be in another class of bait since it's not pvc and it's water based rather than oil based.

Comment

Well if you don't have a budget then Gulp and Yum are the best quality. But if you are a little tight on money then Zoom is a good, cheap, effective bait.

Comment

Well if you don't have a budget then Gulp and Yum are the best quality. But if you are a little tight on money then Zoom is a good, cheap, effective bait.

Comment

GULP

Comment

1)GULP! 2)Powerbait 3)YUM

Comment

Depends, they all make outstanding baits for different situations; it would be foolish to use just one brand. Even the pros don’t use a single brand even if they are sponsored by them. GULP! Minnows are great on a dropshot. Yum Craw Papi are my favorite craw and very good Texas rigged or as a trailer. Yamamoto Senkos are the best Senkos out there and are really good in a lot of presentations (pricey though). And, Powerbait’s 6 and 10 inch worms are very consistent fish catchers. If I had to pick just one brand I would pick Yum because they have a very diverse line of baits.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad