Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anbody try them new "spro" frogs? They have the double treble hook and they float with streamers behind them? I really liked the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anbody try them new "spro" frogs? They have the double treble hook and they float with streamers behind them? I really liked the

Anbody try them new "spro" frogs? They have the double treble hook and they float with streamers behind them? I really liked the zoom horny toad and wanted to try them. So what do you think?

I have seen them yes, but dont want to buy a fishing lure that is over ten bucks

Comment

Great bait in the south, especially Florida. A bit pricey though. I like horny toads because they have a large selection of colors but they are a not very durable.

Comment

I have tried both of them, the spro frog works pretty well, but it is pricey and I don't like paying that price for one lure.

The horny toads are good as well, but as mentioned above they do not seem to hold up as well.

A few others you might want to try are the stanley frogs that came out a few years ago, they come in a pack for around $5-6 with a few hooks and a few extra bodies in the pack, they hold up pretty well and for the price they are worth it.

Comment

i dont fish frogs too much, but i have tried them, works best in lily padded areas or thick weeded areas

Comment

I don't use the hooks they give you, I use the biggest set up I can get. Like.... 4 or 5 olt gammy's.

And when fishing tournaments, If I catch my limit for $6 a bag... shoooot! Its worth it. But yea the spro's are pretty pricy, $8 in orlando. I use to use the ribbets then switched to zoom. I love the frog, work PERFECT for FL, so does the speed worm. Thanks guys

Comment

I have seen them as well but they are a little bit too pricey for me!!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad