Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of you use jiggin rapalas under the ice, and do u have any luck? How do you use them, any special methods? I want to try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any of you use jiggin rapalas under the ice, and do u have any luck? How do you use them, any special methods? I want to try

Do any of you use jiggin rapalas under the ice, and do u have any luck? How do you use them, any special methods? I want to try and catch a few walleyes or largemouth on the rod this year. thanks

I use them all the time. Great lures, use the smallest size you can get away with. Tip with half a minnow or a couple waxies or maggots. Snap your rod tip up a foot, the lure will jump a foot or so and fall down on a slack line and swim.

Comment

I have used them in the past with some luck. I recently started using crankbaits to ice fish with too. Go to the tip room in forums and search for Ice fishing with crankbaits. Feedback is appreciated.

Comment

Love them -- red, yellow, gold, or perch. It's the first switch I will make if my Weasel brings in fish that I can't make bite. Some say you have to fish them aggressively, and that does work sometimes, but they do work subtle as well.

Comment

I use a perch jigging rap for Walleye and perch and a silver one when I want trout. A minnow alive or dead on the lower trebble improves performance. Then jiggle the rod tip instead of jigging it.

Comment

I use the small sizes for Perch, and I use the bigger ones for walleyes. I also like Jiggin' Shad Raps. They're good for big crappie, bass, and others. Just tip them both with wax worms and jig them every minute or so.

Comment

When I use them I prefer to use a more subtle action because I found that when you really jig them hard they have way to much of the airplane action. A fish doesn't want to chase that around during the winter. I tip the bottom treble with a minnow head, and I found it is my favorite lure for catching large mouth bass under the ice

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad