Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im new to fishing i wanna learn how to bass fish what should i use and how do i use it. What do i do in the summer spring and fa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im new to fishing i wanna learn how to bass fish what should i use and how do i use it. What do i do in the summer spring and fa

Im new to fishing i wanna learn how to bass fish what should i use and how do i use it. What do i do in the summer spring and fall bass fishing?

That a very broad question, and if you really want to get into fishing I would go to the book store and buy the infishermans series, they have a book specifically for LM bass. But a quick tip: I would start with a worm either carolina or texas rigged. Fish it slowly along the bottome. This presentation is probably best in the spring and late fall. Over the summer try a faster presentation with the worm or pick up a yellow spinnrbait. One last fun lure is a frog, swim it slowly across the water, I like to focus on shallow water with alot of vegetation. Its exciting and alot of fun. Good luck, and keep you eyes open in the issues of field and stream, they have some great tips.

Comment

read FS for a start.

Comment

in spring just start with slow presentation and a not so big lure. when the fish start to spawn or get close which is when the water gets to around the mid 60 degree range try using salamanders or craw fish these are threats to the nest and the fish will strike out of defense. remember that bass strike for 3 reasons: defense, hunger or you just bug them till they get peeved. frogs are great in the lakes or ponds that have the heavy hydrilla or moss. toss a frog way up in the air over heavy moss and let it slap down on it making noise. skirt it across trying to disturb the surface and wait for the toilet flush! the moss will come to the surface when the weather gets hot in most areas. bass keep to heavy structure because the sun is not good on their eyes and they feel safe. cloudy days are better and always natch your lure to the water and weather conditions. rain makes them more active because it adds oxygen to the water. good luck.

Comment

I would recommend paring up with someone in your area who fishes for bass and get some first hand experience or on the water training.

Also read through some of the past articles and try some of the tips and techniques that have been posted.

This will be a lot easier after you have gotten some on the water experience.

Comment

deffinatly find someone who fishes, let them show you the ropes, read fieldandstream like 24/7 and subscribe. Soon you will be learning what others use and you will find what you agree and disagree on. Then you will be teaching others. 2 things you can buy to start out with and with one method you could become good. Buy a baitcaster, buy a devil horse, practice in the yard every chance you get if your serious about learning... Gotta practice!

Comment

Read up on it, try different lures, go out and fish...and have fun.

Comment

Here is the Link for Bass Fishing for Beginners
                http://www.bassresource.com/beginner/beginner.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad