Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be the best spinnerbaits to use in a pond or a creek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be the best spinnerbaits to use in a pond or a creek?

What would be the best spinnerbaits to use in a pond or a creek?

Creeks you need to use a roostertail or a panther martin, possibly a trout magnet. In a pond however you can use any spinnerbait on the market.

Comment

a small spinner bait

Comment

im not sure about what kind to use but u should use them while its raining

Comment

I usually end up going through most of my spinners to find which ones they are bitting on and then rotate every once in a while

Comment

Try a no. O or 2 Mepps silver or gold.

Comment

That all depends on what you are fishing for, since you didn't specify but the question is under the heading bass I will have to assume bass. For smallmouth bass in creeks i love rooster tails above all other spinners.

Comment

bass generally like dark lures for the most part but the answer is going to depend on water color and weather. for dark or muky water use something with some flash. bass depend on their eyes more than any other sense. the main thing is to ask the fish. keep trying different things until something works. there is almost always a pattern.

Comment

small and shiney

Comment

That's easy. Match the hatch. Try to have the blade of the spinnerbait match the size of the most prolific baitfish. Gold for shiners, silver for shad. Downsize to 1/8 oz if the forage is small. I am typically trying to mimic a bluegill or sunny so I use large gold blades, 1/2 oz stanley in golden shiner or bluegill. A lot of pro's start small in the spring and work their way to larger baits later in the year. I prefer to fish large spinnerbaits all year long. But again I am trying to mimic a large shiner or bluegill. Windy days are the best times to throw a spinnerbait. Good fishing!

Comment

double willow, or calorado blade, buzz baits are real fun

Comment

Agreed with ETangler answer above and A + 1 for you!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad