Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i'm heading to south eastern ohio for a fishing tournament towards the middle-end of may. how do i determine weather the bass a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm heading to south eastern ohio for a fishing tournament towards the middle-end of may. how do i determine weather the bass a

i'm heading to south eastern ohio for a fishing tournament towards the middle-end of may. how do i determine weather the bass are spawning, pre or post spawn. most of the fishing areas are abandoned strip mines. any tips are welcome. thanks.

I would try the water temp or a local angler

Comment

Bass will be post span and some will be down deep. try useing white 1/4 ounce dollflies on light line and wair for the tug instead of the flick on the inhale.
      Also jig them slowly up and down the face of the walls as this is the only structure when the mines are old enough to have any fish in them that has any size, the same technique that we use in winter in west tourneys is a good starting point. Yellow and chartreuse may be of some use also. Good luck and log back with how you did in the tour. And good luck buddy/ fisherman.

lso

Comment

here is the thing though, ive never had any luck jigging there or with chartreuse. ive only had luck with pumpkin seed the dard green flippin tubes. i caught a five pounder last year with a deep crank bait. there are very few walls that lead into the water. there are a lot of upright trees in the water. also, we're fishing out of float tubes so fish finders are out of the question. should tie a pool thermometer to my float tube?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad