Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeing as there was a tip on fishing live frogs earlier today... Who has fished live frogs for bass? Was it as productive as i c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing as there was a tip on fishing live frogs earlier today... Who has fished live frogs for bass? Was it as productive as i c

Seeing as there was a tip on fishing live frogs earlier today... Who has fished live frogs for bass? Was it as productive as i can imagine it would be? Has anyone fished anything else like live mice for them or anything like that?

I have fished live frogs for bass and for catfish with great success, the leg hook technique as mentioned in the tip section is a great way to go, they stay very lively and cause a lot of vibration in the water.

I have also used mice, they did not work as well as the frogs, another bait that outperformed the frogs were waterdogs, if you can get them in your area they are dynamite for bass, they attract bigger fish in my experiences with them.

Comment

Im not familiar with waterdogs. What are they?

Comment

On the summer days when you see the bass cruisin around the surface, i cant think of a funner and more exiting way to fish than casting a live frog in front of them. sometimes i dont even hook them up, i just catch'em and pitch'em out into the open water and watch the explosion!

Comment

Frogs, snakes and salamanders, where legal, make explosive strikes from bass and muskies.

Comment

Agree with dwaynez answer above and A + 1 for you!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad