Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When it comes to freshwater bass fishing down south, what is the most famous destination, and does anyone know who the big name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it comes to freshwater bass fishing down south, what is the most famous destination, and does anyone know who the big name

When it comes to freshwater bass fishing down south, what is the most famous destination, and does anyone know who the big name guides or guide services are?

Lake Okeechobee in Florida comes to mind. Guides all over the place, but Roland Martin has made his career there. He ownes a Marina and guide service out of Clewiston.

Comment

Thanks a million! I'll give him a call.

Comment

I grew up in Fla. Okeechobee is famous because of Roland Martin and it is certainly among the best. However, if you go a little farther North the average bass is a little bigger. Lake Panasoffkee in FEB. with live wild shiners is the thing to do if you want a 10 lb or larger Bass. Contact Jim Veal at Pana vista Lodge. The lake is a couple miles West of I-75 Near Wildwood. Jim and I went to school together. Just google pana vista lodge. There are many other good places also.

Comment

BTW Roland did one of his shows on Lake Panasoffkee (old indian name). Did I mention vegetarian is an old indian word that means bad hunter.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

If you are gonna be in or around texas give Lake Fork a try, one of the best trophy bass lakes around

Comment

Guntersville Alabama

Comment

i dont know about guides but guntersvile is definately popular

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad