Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really don't fish with jigs for bass and this year I want to start after hearing how big the payoff is. Any tips on how to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't fish with jigs for bass and this year I want to start after hearing how big the payoff is. Any tips on how to get

I really don't fish with jigs for bass and this year I want to start after hearing how big the payoff is. Any tips on how to get started?

will it matters what your fishing in
    but i would just get a few of football jigs and others
    and try them out
    buy throwing them under brush and get good trailers
    and fish logs and rocks and stuff like that but fish them hard dont do like a few cast and then move fish 10 or 15 cast then move on

Comment

I fish with jigs all the time, as mentioned above a football head jig is a definite must have, but experiment with the sizes and the jig heads, round heads, pitching heads, finesse heads, etc.

I am a big fan of crawfish colored jigs, white, blue/black, pumpkinseed.

I always recommend a trailer with the jig, a crawfish always works the best for me, but you can cut down a worm or buy a 4" worm, they make great trailers for jigs.

Comment

trout magnets jigs are good on both bass and trout

Comment

Also....learn how to flip a jig.

Comment

I fish jigs almost exclusively for bass. Football jigs and curly tails on a 1/4 oz. head are my favorites.
            One of my favorite things to do is put a bright yellow curly tail on a 1/16 oz. jig and tip it with a wax worm. I cast it out and if a crappie doesn't take it in the first few feet of sink then i let it go to the bottom and slow retrieve for bass, if they don't hit it then I jig it close to the shoreline for perch, then cast and repeat.

Comment

Flip and pitch. footballs are great

Comment

Football Jigs are excellent!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                  by PigHunter
                  I understand the reason someone would pick the heavier bullets. However, heavier bullets cause greater recoil and will affect recovery time and may result...
                  Today, 02:16 PM
                • Cheaper Than Dirt
                  by jhjimbo
                  Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
                  Today, 12:21 PM
                • Reply to 300 yard .22lr
                  by fitch270
                  I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
                  Today, 01:40 PM
                • 300 yard .22lr
                  by jhjimbo
                  Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
                  Today, 11:28 AM
                • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                  by jhjimbo
                  I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
                  Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X