Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK. to let you know i dont fish alot but i have gotten into it. My friend told me some fun spots to fish and what species he enj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK. to let you know i dont fish alot but i have gotten into it. My friend told me some fun spots to fish and what species he enj

OK. to let you know i dont fish alot but i have gotten into it. My friend told me some fun spots to fish and what species he enjoys catching. And i was wondering if anyone knows when White Bass are in spawn around the Texas area. What line would you use and what is the best rod

Usualy around march 25 or so, and use a medium light to medium heavy spinning rod with 8 to 10 pound test.

Comment

The whites in Texas will start moving up the creeks to spawn at the end of this month and beginning of March. I use my crappie rig with 6-pound line and a beetle spin. The trick is the color take several and when you catch the first one, that is the color stick with it.

Comment

keep an eye on the water temp. the closer to 70 degrees the better. i think around 67.

Comment

The whites are beginning to stage in the opening to creeks in my area, but they won't really move in until we get some rain and the water in the creeks begins to rise.

8/10lb test is good for most white bass applications,

I really like using shad assasin baits, and bluefox spinners, beetle spins, and little george baits are always a go to for white bass.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad