Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lately when i've been fishing I've seen fish swim right at the lure then dart away, What can I do so they strike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Cgull and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• bamaoutdoorsman93
    replied
    scent or change the retrieve. Try pausing it and letting it sink when theyre looking at it. That usually works for me.good luck!

Leave a comment:

• RobinHood
    replied
    A great way to be able to change your lures on light tackle very quickly is to tie a swivel snap on the end of your line, so that you can just open the swivel snap and switch out lures without having to retie. I totally agree with changing up the speed of your retrieval. In all honesty, I like taking my girlfriend fishing for many reasons, but for this reason specifically. She doesn't automatically dial in on the retrieve she thinks will work best, like I do since I think i know what will work. Since she is newer to it, she is always more willing to try different retrieval speeds, and 9 times out of 10, if it is a new type of fis we are going for, she catches one first, then I have to ask her what retrieve she was using to get them to strike. Gotta love it!

Leave a comment:

• ohiohunter
    replied
    this has been the same problem with me i compinsated for it by getting up early.

Leave a comment:

• 2Poppa
    replied
    If it follows a certain lure,immediately change the lure and color to see if you get the same reaction.

If not, toss the same lure back,and when they follow with no strike,toss a jig or worm, and let it sit for a while. They know it's there,but just let it sit,for several minutes,then slightly twitch it ... it will drive 'em crazy!

Leave a comment:

• Skeeb
    replied
    When the fish is following, slow your presentation down and give the fish an easy opportunity to feed.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    try different depths, speed of retieval, action, colors, sizes, and/or switch lures altogether. Could simply be too warm. try earlier in a.m. or later in eve.

Leave a comment:

• Cgull
    replied
    like kim says , change speed. when a fish comes up behind a live bait what happens? the bait darts as fst as it can to get away or out of the water. So when a fish come up to a lure and the lure doesnt act scared for its life, the bigger fish "KNOWS", something is not right with that bait. do waht KVD keven van dam does rip that lure some times, that is how prey flee bigger fish. good luck n good fishin

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Go darker or smaller or both. Might just take a little more realism.

Leave a comment:

• Kim
    replied
    change the retieve or speed of retieval

Leave a comment:

• jjames
    replied
    Try changing color or lure size. You have their interest but not exactly what they want I usually try a color change and the a size. Give these a shot and it should produce more stikes. An attractant is also a real good idea. good comment mattreney!!

Leave a comment:

• mattreney
    replied
    ever try the sents the sell?
    that happened to me all day today i usualy use the scents and it makes it that much more apealing to them so the bite but i was all out

Leave a comment:

• Lately when i've been fishing I've seen fish swim right at the lure then dart away, What can I do so they strike?

Lately when i've been fishing I've seen fish swim right at the lure then dart away, What can I do so they strike?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hey Folks
    by jhjimbo
    Why does Bubba constantly corrupt a post by inserting an irrelevant post that changes the thread. He does that all the time.
    We were talking about...
    Today, 02:32 AM
  • Hey Folks
    by jhjimbo
    Good Monday Morning

Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.
    Yesterday, 11:12 AM
  • Reply to Hey Folks
    by jhjimbo
    People don't buy a mower without an engine, just like at the flea market tools without a power cord or battery don't sell too well....
    Today, 02:27 AM
  • Reply to Hey Folks
    by 99explorer
    I have found that a riding mower takes less of a toll on crippled people, but you get more exercise with a pushing style reel mower.
    Just an ob...
    Yesterday, 10:58 PM
  • Reply to Hey Folks
    by franchi20
    As other posted, the biter lives. It won't be forgotten that the dog's wrong doing was covered up as was the owner's....
    Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X