Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of food do you take, on a all day fishing trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura Conroy
    replied
    Originally posted by streack View Post
    A can of Mint Grizzly, it takes away the hunger pains when you are too busy fishing to take a time out and eat.
    Oops. Meant to post as answer.

Leave a comment:

• Laura Conroy
    replied
    Originally posted by streack View Post
    A can of Mint Grizzly, it takes away the hunger pains when you are too busy fishing to take a time out and eat.
    Warm weather fishing
    Frozen slices of fruit with a rind that u don't eat like cantaloupe or honeydew or watermelon, frozen smoothies, frozen bottles of gatorade or lemonade, frozen adult beverage, cold fried chicken, chips, chocolate chip cookies (set out in sun to warm up)

Cool weather fishing
    Thermos of soup, crunchy breadsticks, thermos of tea/hot choc/coffee with an adult additive, red hots candy, apples, pretzels, string cheese.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Water, Chips, Sandwiches and Gatorade!!!

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    A sandwich loaded up and some chips and a gatorade. O and then some beef jerkey to snack on and maybe some sunflower seeds.

Leave a comment:

• fisherman1016
    replied
    i bring a sandwich

Leave a comment:

• codymeyer11
    replied
    hoagies and gatorade + chips.....maybe beer

Leave a comment:

• bomberpride
    replied
    i bring firewood at lunch time i cook what i caught

Leave a comment:

• tygardner
    replied
    you dont take food man...all you need is a fillet knife, a frying pan and your favorite fish recipe (along with friends and beer)

Leave a comment:

• jesse wilson
    replied
    Trail mix, granola bars, and a lot of cold drinks

Leave a comment:

• streack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• theyounggun
    replied
    Pack up some sandwhiches, chips, sodas, water, gatorade, and some other snacktype stuff. If you forget to pack (i've done it too many times) go to the gas station and get some meal replacer bars, energy bars, snacks, and drinks. You can get a good meal for about 10 bucks. If worst comes to worst go to Mcdonalds or Subway.

Leave a comment:

• dwaynez
    replied
    Crackers, Cheese, Summer Sausage, Homemade Cookies

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    I'm sorry I thought you said hunting trip. I hit the water after breakfast and I go in before dinner

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I once spent a whole weekend in PA trout fishing on one box of poptarts.

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    crackers, cheese,viennas, and water.Then on the way home eat like hell at Sagebrush!!!!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad