Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hello--i have been fishing for most of my life--iam 41 and love to bass fish and have always used a standad open face reel--i re

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello--i have been fishing for most of my life--iam 41 and love to bass fish and have always used a standad open face reel--i re

hello--i have been fishing for most of my life--iam 41 and love to bass fish and have always used a standad open face reel--i received a new rod and reel as a birthday present--it is a shimano callisto c-100--i have never owned a reel like this and am having trouble of how to use it--i figured out finally how to put the line on but when i tried a practice cast in the back yard the line spooled out and got real loose and now it is all jammed up---what kind of line do i use--and can soomeone explain the brakes and other features to me--it probably sounds silly to most of you--but i have never owned anything like this b4 and a little confused---joejoe

sounds like you didnt put the line on tight enough thats my guess i dont have that rod and reel combo ive never even heard or it but my pole did the same because i just reeled up the live there was no tension

Comment

I say keep practicing also and the more you do it, the better off you become an expert!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad