Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best Bass lure for Spring fishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plastic craws work really well in my area. they will be effective all year.

Comment

When the bass are on their beds use jigs, lizards and spinners. Anything with big flash and vibrations gets um mad. But, Where I live we can't catch bass on beds but i've had very good luck fishing for gills when their on their beds with 1-2 inch plastic worms. I've been quite surprised when tossing them against brush and having a 5 pounder attack it.

Comment

When smallies are spawning I like to locate them with rattle lures such as the rattle n' rapps, Rapala makes a good rattle bait also. I find that the noise and viberation of these lures draws quick strikes in early spring. I will usally work these lures near deep rocky points and severe drop offs. Once found then I'll switch to jiggin with tubes in white/chartrusse, black/orange, or if the water clarity is clear then try something more natural looking such as a crayfish or frog imitation. Happy fishing.Mark P (Angler)

Comment

Spinnerbaits are excellent shallow water lures, particularly in the spring when fish are shallow due to the warmer water...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad