Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why cant i catch bass? im using the same lures, same techniques and same reels and i sit outside for hours. Is it the pond? or am i doing something wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why cant i catch bass? im using the same lures, same techniques and same reels and i sit outside for hours. Is it the pond? or am i doing something wrong?

why cant i catch bass? im using the same lures, same techniques and same reels and i sit outside for hours. Is it the pond? or am i doing something wrong?

Does anyone else fish the pond/catch bass out of it? Private or public? What lures are you throwing? Could be lots of things.

Comment

That's why it's called fishing not catching.

Comment

Ten percent of the fishermen catch ninety percent of the fish. The trick is to know more about fishing than the other ninety percent.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          Ten percent of the fishermen catch ninety percent of the fish. The trick is to know more about fishing than the other ninety percent.
          It wouldn't hurt to read the fishing articles in Field and Stream.

Comment

Most likely weather conditions making the fish not want your presentation. When you don't get fish after hours on a certain bait, you most likely need to change it up.

Comment

Originally posted by R emington View Post
              Does anyone else fish the pond/catch bass out of it? Private or public? What lures are you throwing? Could be lots of things.
              Work the pond, fish what's in front of you, and keep moving if nothings there. Spinner baits are my go to in new waters.

Comment

A pond like that depending on its size can play an effect on the fish due to climate change. If it gets colder at nite than the fish will be more likely to be slower and not want to feed. So the slower the bait presentation should be. As it warms up then the more movement in the bait should get a bite. Sometimes if the climate is just changing they sometimes just don't want to eat. Need time to adapt.

Comment

I go to a few spots in my area that have large mouth and small mouth bass, but I can’t seem to even get a nibble. My friends are able to catch a few though. I feel like I’m doing something wrong. I have about $100 worth of lures in my tackle Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox box that I use, but haven’t had any luck with any of them.
                  Last edited by adomanim1; 10-02-2021, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Well, that's settled. Ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by adomanim1 View Post
                      I go to a few spots in my area that have large mouth and small mouth bass, but I can’t seem to even get a nibble. My friends are able to catch a few though. I feel like I’m doing something wrong. I have about $100 worth of lures in my tackle Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox box that I use, but haven’t had any luck with any of them.
                      If you can’t get a bite from a bass then you are doing something wrong. If you can’t get them on a lure then just stick a worm on and throw it in front of their face.

Comment

Move around and change bait if not getting hits. Watch what others that are catching fish are using. Light and colors, water condition and bait color all play a part to, if one is not working , try another. Try different times of day. Don't keep doing the same thing over and over if it is not working.
                        I like to try a purple worm Texas rigged if things are slow.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to GA Raffensperger (sp)
                          by jhjimbo
                          How soon you forget - it was the fraudulent votes brought in by Stacy Abrams - audit count of Her actual votes came up to 11 780....
                          Today, 04:11 PM
                        • GA Raffensperger (sp)
                          by jhjimbo
                          Trump asked in the phone call with Sec. of State in GA for specifically 11780 votes to be found because that was exactly the number an audit showed were...
                          Today, 10:48 AM
                        • Reply to MichiganSchool Shooting
                          by FirstBubba
                          There is just no excusing some folks!
                          The lights are on but nobody's home!...
                          Today, 03:59 PM
                        • MichiganSchool Shooting
                          by jhjimbo
                          It was reported today the parents of the 15yo shooter were in School THAT MORNING meeting with teachers and administration about the behavior of the shooter....
                          12-02-2021, 10:53 PM
                        • Reply to While you were sleeping...
                          by 99explorer
                          Enforcement of universal background checks would lead to registration.
                          Today, 03:58 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X