Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what lure is best for river trout fishing yall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what lure is best for river trout fishing yall?

what lure is best for river trout fishing yall?

Its very dependent on the time of year. I like somewhat large Rapalas in the spring as the fish are usually putting the feedbags on looking to put on some weight, but they also work throughout the year. I like spinners in the summer. Crawlers are pretty universal. Of course, if you are a fly fisherman, you have to follow the hatch, and of course hit the hoppers in the late summer and streamers in the spring.

Comment

it also depends on the weather conditions. I like to use a countdown Rapala in the spring when its a little overcast and spinner(panther martin) when it is a little more sunny. the silver and black rapala always seems to work for me and when they arent hitting on that i use a yellow PM with red dots and a sliver blade

Comment

Good answers you two, but don't leave out "night-crawlers and power bait with a sinker.
        "air-up" the worm and the "bait" will keep it off the bottom.
        Good luck and good fishing.

Comment

I like a small gold Kastmaster or spoon for large stream or small river trout. Gold colored spinners work well too

Comment

Mepps, Panther Martin, Blue Fox.

I don't remember what they're called, but there are thise gold or silver lures with red diamonds on them. They look like money clips. Outside of fly fishing, they are deadly on western trout.

Comment

Look at the F&S add at right. See that spinner? That is exactly what you want.

Comment

in my opinion the best lure for any stream/ lake/ anything with brook trout is the copper kastmaster. THe only problem is that a lot of tackle shops don't carry them in that color. Also get them in all sizes for all situations.

Comment

Black with silver spinner Rooster Tail, all time go to spinner.....

Comment

red and yellow panther martin, always kills on the missouri river

Comment

A blue top orange belly silver suspending rogue works for alot of fish here on the white river.

Comment

Agreed with matouse3 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Culture of Lying
                          by rock rat
                          I think a big turning point was when it became ok to lie. To lie obviously. No repercussions....
                          Today, 03:30 PM
                        • The Culture of Lying
                          by jhjimbo
                          The culture of lying is epidemic in Washington, D.C. and the rest of the Country. How did this get started? Was it Richard Nixon ? The crooked main...
                          Today, 08:16 AM
                        • Reply to Which Is It ?
                          by rock rat
                          I think you're onto something Jim. Those talking heads, if they call it show, expect to be entertained, if they say program they might be trying to i...
                          Today, 03:27 PM
                        • Which Is It ?
                          by jhjimbo
                          TV talking heads refer to their air time as a 'show'. Are they 'shows' or 'programs' ?

My thinking is a 'show' is directed at a entertainment...
                          Today, 08:26 AM
                        • Reply to Which Is It ?
                          by MattM37
                          I don't believe there is a definitive answer. I'm more nitpicky than most about language but I don't have a problem using the terms interchangeably....
                          Today, 03:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X