Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a i am haveing trouble finding the bass in the lake i fish any tips

a i am haveing trouble finding the bass in the lake i fish any tips

To do your question justice, you should probably give some more information. How big is the lake? What type of Bass? What state? Are you sure there are bass in the lake?
    Other than that- structure, structure, structure. Find it and fish it.

Comment

is there a lot of trees down in the lake if so go there

Comment

Like Matouse3 said , need the info. What is the name of the Lake? What state? Are you bank fishing or are you in boat. If in a boat use your fishfinder to find structure, or fish. Try some topwaters in the morning. Try flats, where creeks enter the lakes, shallow vegetation. Later in the day hit some points, maybe fishing deep drop shotting or deep cranking. Everybody gets skunked occasionally, but hopefully not every time you go fishing!

Comment

Assuming that you are are fishing Largemouths, fish the lily pads/hydryla, and if you have a fishfinder, ride around looking for downed trees. With the little info you gave, I can't give you any more help...

Comment

the lake is pretty big i am bank fishing it is in tn

Comment

Since you are bank fishing, you are going to want lures that can cover alot of water. Try topwater lures and spinnerbaits. Also, does the lake have clear or muddy-ish water. If the water is clearish, you are going to want something that gives off alot of flash. If the water is murky, you ar egoing to want a lure that pushes alot of water or makes alot of noise. If you are going to use topwater, try jitterbugs, rebel poppers, and rapala skitter pops. For spinnerbaits, I honestly cannot tell you what brand to use because I use a brand that keeps their product in Pa. But for colors of the spinnerbaits, try white, yellow, or any colors that you have had luck with...Hope I helped, and good luck!

Comment

This time of year as the temperature begins to go up and the summer pool is reached try main lake points and ledges during the heat of the day. In the morning and late afternoon try flats and shallows. However try to stay in 8-12 feet of water.

Comment

Try and Fish Lake points and drop offs with A Chartruse spinnerbait or jig. Even fish rocks with a dropshot rig or a deep diving crankbait

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad