Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had 1 fishing lure for life, what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had 1 fishing lure for life, what would it be?

If you had 1 fishing lure for life, what would it be?

Would it count to say, "a 3/8 oz jighead, that I could change plastics on?"

Comment

Daredevil red/white

Comment

I don't have a lure that I am that crazy about. I would take a gary yamamoto rainbow trout 4" rubberworm with a gamakatsu hook.

Comment

Mepps Aglia 3 silver with hair, darn thing will catch anything that swims anywhere for the most part.

Comment

good ole fashion silver spoon.

Comment

2 inch floating rapala in sliver/black. I have caught bluegill, crappie, perch, largemouth, and smallmouth on that size.

Remember: Big hooks catch big fish, little hooks catch all the fish!

Comment

Assuming we can replace or repair:
                My old fallback will probably a 2" white curly tailed grub on a jig head or just hook and shot. I'll take either.

If we're stuck with literally one that needs to last for the rest of our lives, Teacher's rapala is a tough one to beat. I think the grub is more versatile though.

Comment

I think it would be interesting to hear where each of you typically fish (where do you reside?) as I think your location could have a major influence on your choice...

~Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    Daredevil red/white
                    You cant go wrong here! That thing will last a lifetime as well! Good Choice!

Comment

A jighead and trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        Daredevil red/white
                        The red and white Daredevil was the first to pop into my head, but so many others that were named, it's not possible to imagine having to live with only one.

Comment

Mine would be a Rapala ShadRap. This catches most fresh water fish across the U.S. and Canada. I've had pretty good luck casting and trolling them in salt water too. I use other lures but if I had to have just one for survival, that would be it. My second would be a white buck tailed jig. In some areas, I've had better luck with black. These work well on most fresh water fish but are killer across the entire ocean as well. If I sailed from Florida to England, that is what I'd drag behind my boat all the way. I will also note that I'm a big fan of the red and white genuine DareDevil for northern pike too but alas, they only work exceptionally well for pike.

Comment

I have caught quite a few bass with the old Helin flatfish. I would want to have it with a wide assortment of colors.

Comment

A bare hook can be anything you want it to be...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Just Right
                                by 99explorer
                                Aileen Carol Wuornos was an American serial killer. In 1989–1990, while engaging in street prostitution along highways in Florida, she shot dead and robbed...
                                Today, 09:44 AM
                              • Just Right
                                by jhjimbo
                                Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years...
                                06-28-2022, 04:59 PM
                              • Reply to Just Right
                                by FirstBubba
                                labrador12

"... I'd prefer a short barreled 12 ga for oomph! ..."

A handgun is to get you to your long gun! LOL!
                                Today, 09:34 AM
                              • Reply to Just Right
                                by dewman
                                Wasn't offended my amigo, only confused. Lately my default setting 🤦🏻‍♂️👍🏻Not a fan as well. I carry a 357 when I'm packing....
                                Today, 09:33 AM
                              • Reply to Just Right
                                by FirstBubba
                                Lot's of folks carry the 9mm. In fact, several federal agencies have dropped the .40 S&W for the 9mm.
                                I think and the agency I'm most familiar...
                                Today, 09:31 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X