Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My family has gotten pretty crazy latly. Stepdad works alot, mom works alot, so I cant fish as much as i wish i could. when i do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My family has gotten pretty crazy latly. Stepdad works alot, mom works alot, so I cant fish as much as i wish i could. when i do

My family has gotten pretty crazy latly. Stepdad works alot, mom works alot, so I cant fish as much as i wish i could. when i do fish i fish in ponds that the bass just dont seem to bite on crankbaits, and barley bite on plastics. so what are some tips for these bass. also, anyone know a good bass spot thats close to southwestern columbus, ohio?> thanks

you may be fishing too aggressively when using soft plastics slow WAY down. Also pay attention to what the fish are eating, it is hard to beat the real thing try using live bait. Night crawlers or shiners, play around with them and find out what strikes their fancy. Put a shiner 3 feet under a bobber and free line another one. Put some night crawlers on the bottom and see what you get.

Comment

Might try waiting until just before and at dark. Perhaps a topwater like a Zara Spook, Jitterbug, or Skitter Pop.

I also had luck in the daytime using small Rapala Jointed Minnows and Senkos. I tried for quite a awhile to entice my biggest bass to take flies and streamers. He ignored them all. But when a palm-sized bluegill latched onto my fly and got too close she inhaled it. The bluegill got away and I brought in the bass. My second biggest bass followed the same script.

Comment

One thing that you can look into is check around at the local bait shops and see if there are local clubs. Sure there is local fishing clubs that has outings where they take younsters out fishing that have a hard time doing so. Ask around and pretty sure somebody would be glad to take you.

Comment

Try using scum frogs. I fish a small pond in Texas and the only thing the bass take are the frogs and night crawlers.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad