Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in the pond behind my house there is a spot with a lot of weeds. i used a lizard that floated on the top and caught a bass. what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in the pond behind my house there is a spot with a lot of weeds. i used a lizard that floated on the top and caught a bass. what

in the pond behind my house there is a spot with a lot of weeds. i used a lizard that floated on the top and caught a bass. what else should i use?

Sounds like a good spot to rip a buzz bait thru.

Comment

Anything topwater, especially weedless frogs.

Comment

rip that buzz bait thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

A weedless frog and a super fluke. Throw the super fluke on top of the weeds and flop it around with the tip of you pole. I have caught several good bass this way. Make sure the bass has the lure in it's mouth before you set the hook. It will take some restraint not to set the hook at once. The fish will hit explosively!

Comment

If there's weeds I'd texas rig up some worms and just run through the weeds.

Comment

I would try to use a scum frog on top of those weeds. or texas style a worm up and toss it in there. its sounds to me that the bass are fairly aggressive to things that are invading their territory. maybe try this. spawn or not it should work.
              http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0065646123980a&type=product&cmCat=SEAR CH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=nest+raider&Ntk=Product_liberal&s ort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D%3Asort=+&Nty=1&hasJS=t rue&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsea rch-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Good Luck and have fun!

Comment

Weedless frog for sure. Panther martin make a pretty good one that I like.

Comment

frog

Comment

try a mouse ive had luck with those

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad