Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm in the market for a boat cover. The boat in question is a 16 foot Lund v-hull with 25hp outboard. Does anyone have a brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in the market for a boat cover. The boat in question is a 16 foot Lund v-hull with 25hp outboard. Does anyone have a brand

I'm in the market for a boat cover. The boat in question is a 16 foot Lund v-hull with 25hp outboard. Does anyone have a brand or model that they're particularly fond of? Any factor I might not have thought of? Thanks!

Look around marina's or in the yellow pages for a canvass maker - you usually get a much better fit and not that much difference in $$$.

Comment

if you want a custom fit cover go to lund.com. if you are looking for a generic cover then go to cabellas or bass pro shops they sell many different types and sizes of boat covers. If you can find a local upholsterer that will make you one, you may save a little money. The best material for boat cover is a laminated nylon that is water proof.

Comment

I'll check for a local maker of custom covers. Thanks!

Comment

Dougfir,
          I forgot to mention you will get a better fit with
          a made to fit canvas and that counts when you store things in the boat and it does not form puddles and also you can keep it covered when trailering.

Comment

Dougfir,
            I own a dual console bassboat,21', after the stock travel cover wore out I checked on custom covers, prices were well over a grand, which I could not justify at the time. I tried an online custom cover maker they had my boat listed as one of their available patterns, made the call sent them their money ($500-$600)and patiently waited, after it showed up I instantly went to put it on, this thing would have fit a 24' grady white with a tuna tower, long story short got my money back.
            Seen Cabelas had a "generic fit" cover for well under $200, have not looked back, cover lasted over 5 years and have since bought another. You must take your time on these, meaning that you need to beef up the contact points of seats/windshields and trolling motor, I use pipe insulation foam for covering the windshields and prop on trolling motor and use the foam floor pads that you can also get at home depot, lowes or harbor freight for the rear seat. Have also done a couple other things for support with rain/snow. So for a couple hundred bucks I am getting great boat protection. Keep an eye on Cabelas because they do have sales on covers and you can save a decent amount.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad