Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that hunting season is over, im looking for the next activity. How early can I start bass fishing in a pond near my house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that hunting season is over, im looking for the next activity. How early can I start bass fishing in a pond near my house?

Now that hunting season is over, im looking for the next activity. How early can I start bass fishing in a pond near my house?

Depends on where you live. Spawning here in the deep south begins as early a February. By late February the bass will really be shallow, one problem a cold front will put the damper on things for several days after.

Comment

Depends on where you live in nebraska the second the ice melts evrything hits

Comment

Im in Maryland. When would it be?

Comment

In Maryland, i would say that once the air temp hits about 45-50 you should be able to go out and give it a shot, im near chicago and my first time out was mid-march. so yours being in maryland might be a bit later

Comment

Anytime of year is good for fishing. you can fish for bass through the ice, or during ice out. Just keep off the ice when it starts to get thin or slush covered as this is a sign of the ice breaking down.

Comment

Anytime but use very light line for ice fishing.

Comment

You can catch bass year round but if the water temps are below 50, fish extremely SLOW and use lite line. I like to use tubes and other soft plastics when the water is in the 40s or below.

Comment

once the ice melts go for it. just don't use really big baits and give the fish plenty of time. they slow down when it's cold.

Comment

I would say once the ice melts, you should be good to go.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                      by FirstBubba
                      Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                      Back on topic, we see that misinformation about Harris's citizenship status is playing a major role in...
                      Today, 09:29 PM
                    • 16 Years
                      by jhjimbo
                      So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                      08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                    • Reply to Gun safe
                      by jhjimbo
                      This is the F&S magazine site, not the Field and Stream store....
                      Today, 09:05 PM
                    • Gun safe
                      by Swenthms
                      Problem opening my gun safe
                      Today, 08:58 PM
                    • Reply to 16 Years
                      by 99explorer
                      Honker -
                      The print media has been suffering for years.
                      Desperate times, desperate measures.
                      Today, 08:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X