Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when is the best time and place to fish for bass in the Maumee river?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when is the best time and place to fish for bass in the Maumee river?

when is the best time and place to fish for bass in the Maumee river?

Dave; Can I assume small mouth bass?

I don’t know that river. But the river I do know is first light until when the sun is up. When a predators eyes seem marginally better then the prey.
    Where? You will find the holes as you go along. River fish migrate up and down with the current and time of day, The higher the sun, the deeper they go.

Comment

I am not sure of the best time but there are special regulations for the river when the walleye are spawning. Check with the Game Warden before you go there.

Comment

The maumee is not know as a great bass river. mostly it is the spring walleye run which is going on right now. tube jigs and mr twister type lure work well. the deeper holes in the river will hold some bass and an ocasional lunker. Live crayfish are the best bait.

Comment

The Maumee river isnt well known for bass fishing, but there are lots of BIG smallies and largemouth in the maumee. For largemouth the best times are usually in the spring/early summer but i catch them all year long. As for smallies I catch them all year, but get into the pigs from May to late September. Some spots to check out include Grand Rapids Dam/anywhere near grand rapids, Otsego park, Rouche De Bough in waterville, Sidecut metropark in maumee, and Jerome rd. As for tackle I mostly use a 1/8 oz jig head with 2in white twister tails, medium depth crankbaits, and spinner baits. I average 20 smallies a day in the summer. Anyone that tells you the Maumee River isnt good for anything else but walleye either doesnt know what they are doing or they have never fished it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad