Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like to set up a pair of pliers on a lanyard..right now my only option is trying to drill through one of the handles..An

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to set up a pair of pliers on a lanyard..right now my only option is trying to drill through one of the handles..An

I would like to set up a pair of pliers on a lanyard..right now my only option is trying to drill through one of the handles..Anyone out there do it a differnet way, or have any tricks for drilling? Thanks

You can by "Para-cord" (also called 550 cord) at a surplus store. Wrap the handles as tightly as possible with the cord, and leave the end to make a lanyard. If you drill, get a good drill bit, and use a drill press. Also, while drilling, put oil on the hole (to cool the bit, and help remove bits of metal)

Comment

I wouldn't drill the handle. The para-cord wrapped tightly is a good idea. Then you'll have pliers and an extra length of cord if needed.

Comment

If your using the pliers for removing fish hooks try hemostats instead. Check pharmacies and get a heavy duty pair.

Comment

Why not get someone to spot weld an eyelet on for you?

Comment

I think welding would leave a rough edge, plus the eyelet could break.

Comment

I go with the tack weld a ring inside the end of the handle. I drilled through mine with no trouble.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad