Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, so there's this small lake near me with some medium sized bass. I've tried all the hot bass lures - spinnerbaits, plastic wo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so there's this small lake near me with some medium sized bass. I've tried all the hot bass lures - spinnerbaits, plastic wo

Ok, so there's this small lake near me with some medium sized bass. I've tried all the hot bass lures - spinnerbaits, plastic worms, craws, crankbaits, and topwaters. There are bass - I can see them. What should I try. I never see anyone pull them out. There's heavy carp fishing. As for food for the bass, there are many bluegills and crappies, and baby bass I saw today. What is up with these bass? How should I catch them?

for one timing is going to need to be correct, if the bass are on there beds like they are for me a slower retrieve with longer pauses and for smaller bass not on beds use a smaller rapala and retrieve with a couple twitches. If they aren't spawning try putting a twist on the way you fish like pehaps taking a bait you didn't try like a spoon or something that has lots of flash to. The third option is to rig live bait with a bobber or a jig head and retrieve.

Comment

use some chum to soften em up and the try evey trick u have up yer sleve

Comment

Are bream legal for bait in your area? If so catch some and use them for bait. Other wise bass minnows,or night-crawlers will always "out fish" fakes.

Comment

u should try getting out of their site... if they can c u they wont usually bite. also if they r spawning try (if u hav a boat) 2 go real slow past them if they move away real quickly u cant catch them, if the y go fast but com bak slowly u hav a chance, but if they dont mov at all then mark that spot with somthing and go about 30 ft away and wait 10 min b4 u cast, wen u do use a spinnerbait or topwater and go real slow over their nest

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad