Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that bass that have an automatic feeder set up would be more aggressive to crankbaits or would bass that have to na

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hunterkid94
    replied
    Thats what i thought. i figured that would be the case due to the fact that if they are fed pellets or something they would be used to crankbaits so they wouldnt be able to notice the imprefections as much.

Leave a comment:

• DanInArkinsaw
    replied
    I have never seen bass with an automatic feeder. Bass are instinctively predators and normally don't go for feed. In a pond stocked in the standard catfish, bluegill, bass fashion when you throw feed out the catfish and bluegill eat it but the bass don't. I sure wouldn't say they WON'T but I wouldn't hesitate a bit to say that it is pretty uncommon. The pellet food doesn't run from them, it doesn't move, it's not alive. Watch a grasshopper on the water. When he is sitting still he can sometimes drift quite a distance. As soon as he starts kicking and displacing water he's a goner. Any fish that did eat feed would be a fish that has somehow been conditioned to eat feed. That conditioning would probably make them much LESS agressive. If its meals are being delivered it is not going to waste the energy and burn the calories to chase down snacks.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Fish that are fed a steady diet will have a tendency to strike something completely different when reeled through their normal habitat.

Leave a comment:

• Do you think that bass that have an automatic feeder set up would be more aggressive to crankbaits or would bass that have to na

Do you think that bass that have an automatic feeder set up would be more aggressive to crankbaits or would bass that have to naturally hunt for food be more aggressive. i can see it either way. Feeder bass-The crankbaits may trigger a more genetic response so they may be more aggressive. Hunter bass-May be so used to hunting that they would take a crankbait. But the feeder bass may only like the food they are given or the hunter bass may be so used to hunting prey that they would see any imprefection. what are your thoughts??? maybe the honest angler should do a blog about it.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad