Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best lure or bait you can use for stripers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best lure or bait you can use for stripers?

what is the best lure or bait you can use for stripers?

everytime i c people fishing for stripers it seems they always use plastic snakes or live snakes. i would try them.

Comment

In the surf, you can't beat a bucktail with either a pork strip, strip of squid, or a white curly tail grub.

Comment

Where are you fishing? Fresh or Salt water.
        Fresh water- Bream less than 4in.( If legal in your area)are the best. We went last night(5/23/09) and caught 4 between 10 and 25 lbs and lost several more.
        Salt water- I'd say "buck-tails" in white, white-gray with a 4in. white trailer.

Comment

For fresh water stripers use 1. Blue backed hearing ( where legal) 2. Thread fin shad 3. Trout and 4. bream. If you want to use lures you have to wait for the right time of year. In the early spring you can cast a Long A bomber or a zara spook around secondary points and catch some nice ones. If you can find them schooling cast a Long A or pretty much anything that resembles what they are eating and you will catch one. you can also use Lead Core line and a buck tail and troll or troll with an umbrella rig.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad