Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have any tricks to keep ice out of the guides of a fly rod? I have hear cooking spray but not sure about greasing up my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have any tricks to keep ice out of the guides of a fly rod? I have hear cooking spray but not sure about greasing up my

Anybody have any tricks to keep ice out of the guides of a fly rod? I have hear cooking spray but not sure about greasing up my fly line or having that scent in the water.

I use Pam cooking spray. Works great. Never had a problem with fish turning away from it, and I fish to well-educated rainbows and browns on the South Platte in Colorado. Does not seem to gum up the line either. I will either spray the guides directly (extreme cold) or put some on a paper towel and wipe the guides down, depending on how much spray I want on there.

Comment

Sounds good. So pretty much a little dab will do ya?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad