Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like to know where I could sell some reels I found recently at an estate sale. I have two alcedo reels, one is a micron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to know where I could sell some reels I found recently at an estate sale. I have two alcedo reels, one is a micron

I would like to know where I could sell some reels I found recently at an estate sale. I have two alcedo reels, one is a micron and the other is a c2s. both have original boxes, the c2s is missing it's medallion. I also have two Penn Delmar 286's, both are brand new, never been used condition. One is in original box and the other is not. One has damage to the faceplate and spool. I'm trying to find replacement parts for it as we speak, I want to sell these, but not on e-bay. I don't think I will find the proper owners there. any help would be appreciated. I can be reached @ 248.885.0695. Thanks, Todd

According to the box that the rare, uncommon, 286 came in, it was worth more than the much more common 285 by seventy five cents!!!! (the price marked on the box set the price of the 286 @ $4.75). The problem with the 286 is that the spool is wider than the more common 285 and there just are not many spare parts reels around to get a 286 spool out of, so Good luck there. The original box, as far as I am concerned, is worth much more than the reel which came in it. On March 24th, 2011 Joe Cermele of Field and Stream ran the Alcedo Micron in the Vintage Tackle Contest and Dr. Todd of "The Whitefish Press" did a nice write-up on the reel. Dr. Todd may be able to point you in the direction of a good collector. I myself have a large collection of reels, but do not plan on adding any more at this time.

Comment

That Micron is a beast! Anyone buying it sure can not be interested in using it I would think. Very heavy, and well defines the description, Coffee Grinder reel. Today's spinning reels are a 100 % improvement over the Micron.

Comment

Ill buy it . it just matters how much it is

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
          by PigHunter
          Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
          Today, 06:32 PM
        • Handgun Laser Sights
          by PigHunter
          On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
          08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
        • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
          by PigHunter
          I know how you feel. There's no way I'b bet my life on a conceal carry without ever firing it. Just this morning, PigHuntress told me she'd been practicing...
          Today, 06:27 PM
        • Reply to Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
          by Solitario Lupo
          Jimbo I dont really go for eyes on Erie but that is impressive almost 80 degrees on top and in that depths wonder how cold it gets in that thermocline....
          Today, 06:16 PM
        • Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
          by jhjimbo
          We are getting a nice slow soaker of a rain for most of Sat afternoon. Reminds me when we fished from my Fathers cruiser. It was called an express cruiser...
          08-01-2020, 05:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X