Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anybody tried the abu garcia black max fishing reel seems like a good reel but its hard to tell???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anybody tried the abu garcia black max fishing reel seems like a good reel but its hard to tell???

has anybody tried the abu garcia black max fishing reel seems like a good reel but its hard to tell???

Had good luck with one for several years, but I didn't take as good care of it as I should.

Comment

Abu has been building reels for many, many years. They originally built their reels in Sweden and those were one of the highest quality on the market. Today, most of their reels are assembled in China from parts made in China and a few other countries. (some gears from Korea and some bearings from Japan). Abu still has very high standards and a very good inspection and quality control system which allows them to stand behind their products 100%. The Black Max is a very good reel period. But it is not my personal first choice. For a standard worm and pall levelwind, low-profile, bass reel, I would get one of the New Lew's Reels from Lynn Reeves over Abu because I feel that Mr Reeves is even holding a higher standard for quality than Abu.

Comment

ive got one casts great feels sturdy and is super smooth overall

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
          by 99explorer
          Even if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, it will still take 60 Senate votes to kill the filibuster, because of the filibuster!
          Today, 03:02 PM
        • Rest Easy
          by jhjimbo
          Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
          Yesterday, 08:55 PM
        • Reply to Rest Easy
          by jhjimbo
          They know IF Trump wins and holds the Senate and picks up some down ticket it will mean the end of the Dem party for at least ten years if not more....
          Today, 02:39 PM
        • Reply to Rest Easy
          by bowhunter75richard
          I am most pleased with the Barrett confirmation, now we only need to see the fallout from the D’s. With the reelection of Trump, probably not too much...
          Today, 01:18 PM
        • Reply to Rest Easy
          by crm3006
          "I was chastised by 99explorer"

#1 Bubba, I was bitten by a mosquito a couple of days ago that bothered me a whole lot more than...
          Today, 01:03 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X